Roasted Banana & Cacao Pancakes with Crushed Hazelnut and Cacao drizzle (plant based Nutella)
The recipe below makes one stack of pancakes but double or triple if you decide to share.
|Plant Based Milk||Cup||1|
|Banana||Medium||1 & 1/2|
|Hazelnuts||Teaspoon||2,3,4 or more|
|Plant Based Nutella||Recipe here||1/2|
- Oat Flour
Blend oats first in blender until it resembles a fine flour
Add the rest of the pancake ingredients and blend
Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken as the Chia seeds expand.
- Using a large frying pan and add the coconut oil on a medium heat.
- Once oil has melted measure out mixture into a 1/4 cup and then pour it slowly, towards the centre of pan. Try to leave an inch of space between pancakes to allow spreading.
- Leave until you can see the edges medium browning and test with a spatula to see if it lifts easily
- Once the edges indicate a golden brown flip pancakes over spatula
- Repeat process until mixture is finished
- Slice bananas and put in between pancake layers (lets stack it up)
- Pop into oven for 5mins on a medium heat to roast bananas.
- Take out to add toppings
- Drizzle ‘Nutella’ over the pancakes
- Add raspberries or fruit of choice
- Lightly blend hazelnuts into chunky pieces sprinkle and complete your creation
This is one of our fave recipes so far. Definitely a sweet tooth fix.