This very berry pancake recipe is simply delicious and 100% plant based. It tastes too good to be true but it is!
The recipe below makes one stack of pancakes but double or triple for sharing or freezing.
|Plant Based Milk||Cup||1|
|Berries (Fresh or Frozen)||Cup||2|
- Oat Flour
Blend oats first in blender until it resembles a fine flour
Add the rest of the pancake ingredients and blend
Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken as the Chia seeds expand.
- Using a large frying pan and add the coconut oil on a medium heat.
- Once oil has melted measure out mixture into a 1/4 cup and then pour it slowly, towards the centre of pan. Try to leave an inch of space between pancakes to allow spreading.
- Leave until you can see the edges medium browning and test with a spatula to see if it lifts easily
- Once the edges indicate a golden brown flip pancakes over spatula
- Repeat process until mixture is finished
- Heat berries and chopped apple over a pan with water
- Add coconut sugar or a plant based sweetener until it takes a sauce like texture
Next join forces with the two by drizzling the berry coulis over the pancake stack
Adding more fresh berries and apples with a drizzle of your favourite sweetener we used Agave Nectar.
This tasted divine and made a lovely breakfast and dessert.
- This coulis can also be used in Porridge!
- Relatively low cost to make we used frozen berries from Sainsburys at £2 a pack!